Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Google

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Chyawanprash" ki kamal...


Do you fall sick easily?
Are you an indicator of the change in weather (aaah... that was a good one!!!)?
Does every trip to the doctor result in a prescription of Multi-vitamin ( or Vitamin C for that matter) tablets?
Does a visit to the Ice cream parlor make you think twice?
Does the doc always say you have less immunity?
Do you always have a cold/cough/runny nose/sore throat/flu etc?
Is the gym membership only an extra card in your wallet( hey... my hands are up!!!) ?
Is migraines your cup of tea and headaches your mug of coffee?
[Well... my list can go on... so lets move ahead]

I think a daily dose (or two) of Chyawanprash should help you in a great way. Trust me fellows, I was never a fan of this Ayurvedic formula until recently. I used to loathe these ads on TV ( because I thought it was for the rich !!! [what a terrible misconception])]. concerned for my health, my father forced upon me a bottle of 'Apollo Pharmacy Chyawanprash'. i was made to eat a spoon of that dark substance (gooey and sticky) everyday. Hey, I could not say 'No' to my father. And so, I would gulp down the semi solid mass down my throat with great displeasure everyday. the taste used to linger in my mouth and on my palate for quite a long time after swallowing it and that used to hell on earth for me. And the worst part is I had to lick the spoon clean of the loathesome substance.
Days went by and turned into weeks, weeks went by and turned into fortnights, fortnights went by and turned into months. I slowly began to adapt to that sticky substance. I was beginning to develop a penchant for it (of course ... software professional jo hoon main[begin liking what you once hated]!!!). Also, you've got to trust me on this, it did wonders to my health too. I was less prone to the seasonal changes. I was more confident in enjoying the bliss of cold water, the chill of ice cream, the fizz of soft drinks etc. I felt my body was more immune. So... my advise is one should always have a spoon of chyawanprash daily, in the whole family.
There are several brands available in the market. Himani, Dabur, Appollo to name a few (Himani claims to use real gold ... jeez !!!) Almost all of them are the same and their purpose ,too, is the same ( ...and that is to improve immunity). The feeling is awesome when you gulp down a spoonful of the rich mixture (of appropriate proportions). A sense of warmth arises in the tummy (maybe because of the cloves and spices), the sour amla rejuvenates your taste buds and the sense of smell is aroused by the cinnamon and sandalwood. Though I am no ayurvedic practitioner/ stockist/ salesman, I would recommend one and all to try it out. there is no side effects and I assume even people with diabetics and BP can take it too.
So, to close, I would say,
A spoon of chyawanprash a day, keeps the doctor at bay!!!

No comments: